About Carla’s Canvas
Carla’s Canvas is a travel and lifestyle blog that began as a diary to keep family and friends informed of travel experiences. Today it continues to document my travels and also serves as a means to reminisce, reflect, and share with others the knowledge I gained from over 10 years of travelling. It is a collage of my ongoing journeys around the world which I hope will motivate individuals to take the personal challenge of discovering new places and perhaps something about themselves.
On this blog you will find a few series including: Canadian Postcard which features a city or location in Canada and provides insight on what to see and do, Penny Pincher Tips which are easy ways to save money in planning and executing a trip, and Seeing Double a fun look at similarities between sites and locations around the world.
But wait… Who is Carla?!?
Here are ten things about me so you can know me a little bit better:
- My favorite color is yellow
- I love to eat
- I am currently a doctoral student
- My dream is to purchase an around-the-world- plane ticket
- If I could live in any city it would be London
- I plan on seeing a performance of all Shakespeare’s plays (13/37 to date)
- I have an opinion on everything
- I speak three languages
- I like to pretend I know how to use power tools
- I have travelled to 20 countries across North America, Central America, Europe, and Asia